A company’s payroll records all of the current employees and how much they are paid, as well as details of previous payments and any former employees. It is very important to keep an accurate and up to date payroll for any business, helping to keep track of wages, bonuses, and when individuals were paid.
Payroll is usually handled by a certain department within the company, or through an external payroll company. This specific department handles all of the aspects of the employee payroll, including timesheets, salary calculation, production and distribution of paychecks, bank transfers, and taxes.
Keeping an accurate payroll is an important part of any business, not only allowing for accurate budgets, but also making sure that all the salaries and taxes are within the relevant laws and regulations of your country.
If you are looking for practical training for setting up and maintaining an accurate payroll for your employees, then Hawkish Institute can help you. We offer training in all aspects of payroll, from Graduate to Professional level. Based in Canary Wharf, our training schemes can help you and your team get the experience you need to find a career or expand in your current industry. Contact Hawkish Group today for more information.
Introduction to Payroll
- Objectives of a payroll department
- Types of payroll, payment frequencies and payment methods
- Determination of workers
- Employment status of workers
Pay and Benefits
- Gross pay and entitlements
- Payroll changes
- Tax codes, PAYE income tax and tax allowance
- Taxable pay and non-taxable pay
- Starters and leavers
- Overpayments and recovery
Senior and Professional Levels
Pay and Benefits
- Different Pension Schemes
- Defined Benefits (DB)
- Defined Contributions or Auto Enrolment (DC or AE)
- Money Purchase or Group Pension
- Other flexible benefit schemes such as:
- Company car
- Private health insurance schemes
- Cycle to work schemes
- Season ticket loans
- Discount vouchers
- Gym memberships
- Travel insurance
- Paid holidays
- Bereavement and Funeral leave/pay
- Sabbatical leave
- Tuition and student loan assistance
- Child care or Tax-free childcare
Deductions from Pay
- National Insurance contributions (NICs)
- PAYE income tax
- Student loans, postgraduate loans
- Court orders and Attachment of Earning orders
- Voluntary deductions such as union dues, gym etc.
- Pensions to Pension Administrators
- SSP, SMP, SAP, SPP/ShPP payments
- Unpaid leave and deduction
- Leave entitlements
- BACS summary’s and reports
- Gross to net pay
- Salary adjustments
- Periodic summary report (monthly, quarterly, and annual)
- Pension reports (summary and detail)
- Starters and leavers reports
- Departmental and nominal reports
- Payroll queries and discrepancies
- High turnover rate especially leavers or percentage of staff retention
- Percentage of new employees (starters)
- Total payroll compared to last period
- Total payroll to gross revenue
- Percentage of master data accuracy (employees’ data)
- Annual salary increase
- Payroll headcounts – no on FTE, PT
Hawkish Institute is a training support service operating as part of Hawkish Group. With a headquarters based in Canary Wharf, we offer a variety of training schemes for a range of business-focused skills. If you or your team are looking for practical training to develop skills and gain experience, then Hawkish Group can help you.
Our team will work with you to help give you the experience and knowledge you need to either find employment or grow within your current career. We offer professional and practical payroll training in Canary Wharf, giving you the necessary skills to be able to properly and professionally complete and manage employee payrolls.
Get professional payroll training in Canary Wharf with Hawkish Institute. Contact our team today at Hawkish Group to find out more about our range of training courses, and book an in-person appointment today.